October 24, 2008

"Spare Change" swap

I'm participating in the Spare Change swap as you may have seen by the button in my side column...



and I'm sad that I didn't post about it sooner that you (whoever my readers may be) could participate! I think it's going to be a lot of fun though... and not a lot of work. We'll have to see what I make out of the "spare change" I end up getting and more importantly... how long it will take me to make something out of it (cough!) :)

I am excited about it -- there's so many different ways you can do take "spare change" -- triangles, squares, strips, and more! I'm entirely in love with this quilt, so much so that I may have to make it for this "spare change" quilt even though it means more cutting of fabric once I get my 5x5 squares... and it also means rummaging so I have enough scraps to make the entire quilt instead of a corner :) Cutting fabric is the bane of sewing for me... it has kept me from working on (and completing) many a project.

Any other ideas for me on what to make out of the 5x5 squares I'll be getting in the mail in a few weeks?

No comments: